DUGS was founded on 5th February 1909 for the purpose of playing golf matches against other Golfing Societies and Golf Clubs. Although many members would have played golf while at University, membership is open to all golfers who studied at Trinity College Dublin.

The Society has over 250 members and has a minimum of 12 fixtures every year. These include a match against Dublin University Golf Club, The Scottish and London University Societies, Golf Clubs and various other Golfing Societies in both the UK and Ireland. There are also two fixtures open to all members – The Captain’s Prize and the TCD400/Presidents Prize.

The Society celebrated its Centenary in 2009. To mark the years of golfing tradition and heritage, the Society launched a history of Trinity golf and golfers entitled: “From College Courses to Lasting Links”. Further details on this excellent book can be found here.